- Is your cat feeling left out? (NEW): We heard from one customer with a cat and dog who always felt bad leaving her cat at home when she took her dog for a walk. The two animals are pals, but she never felt she could safely take her cat out on walks. Now with the pet stroller, the cat climbs right in and she can enjoy strolls with both pets!
- Pets at work: One customer takes her cat to work. The stroller makes it easy to do and provides the pet a safe and quiet place to retreat.
- Older humans: We mention below that pet strollers are great for older pets who aren't as mobile as they used to be, but one customer reports the stroller is great for her 83-years-old mother: She can walk the pet and has something on which to lean as she gets around.
- Weather emergencies: One customer said the pet stroller was great during a recent weather warning. With warnings sounding, she got her pet into the stroller. Luckily, she didn't need to move to shelter, but with her pet in the stroller and items (snacks, radio, etc.) in the pockets, she was ready if she needed to take cover.
- Older pets: We had one customer thanked us profusely for her "brand new dog." Seems her older pooch was getting exhausted on his walk to the dog park, so once he got there the dog was too pooped to play. Now, the dog is walked to the dog park and "explodes" from the pet stroller ready to play!
- Longer walks: One customer enjoyed exercise from long walks but her new pug was tiring out so she had to cut her usual distance in half. Now with the dog stroller, she can walk her pug until he poops out, then continue her long walks with him resting in the stroller!
- Multiple dogs: One customer has three Yorkies and found life was much easier when they were in the stroller so they couldn't run in 3 different directions! She says, "They love it! " For multiple dogs, check out the AT3 All Terrain Pet Stroller or one of the Kittywalk SUV models.
- Trips to the vet: I never thought of this, but she's right: One customer thinks her stroller keeps her pet safer and healthier at the vet's office. "I don't have to worry about them being on the floor with germs from other sick animals. After all, that's why most animals are at the vets."
- Traveling: One customer who took a lot of driving trips especially liked the Kittywalk model, which includes a detachable carrier and collapsible frame--this allowed her to keep her pet secure while in the car and easily roll the pet into pet-friendly hotels.
- Alternative to pet carriers: Rather than using a heavy carrier, some customers find it much easier to use a pet stroller (which really is just a rolling pet carrier).
- Cats: Cats can be tough to walk on leashes--if you don't get them into harnesses at a young age, some cats will never adjust to a harness. A cat stroller is a great way for cats to get some fresh air.
- Ice & salt in winter: A northerner reported her dogs paws were taking a beating on the ice and salt, so she purchased a pet stroller to get her dog to the parks where they can play in the snow safely.
- Festivals: One couple liked to walk their dog to local festivals, but between the crowds, noise, and other aggressive animals, they found it stressful rather than relaxing. With the pet stroller, they keep their small dog safe and the pooch still enjoys getting some fresh air.
- Jogging: One athletic customer reported using the pet stroller while jogging. Check out the AT3 Jogging Pet Stroller.
- Boaters: A boater said she loved using the stroller to get her dog onto the boat safely since her pet didn't enjoy walking on the docks.
- Injuries: Animals with certain types of injuries cannot be walked for long distances but still want to get outdoors.
- Safety: We have customers in large cities who use a stroller to get their dogs to parks--the stroller keeps them safe on congested urban streets.
- Aggressive dogs: Another customer had a dog that could get aggressive, so walking him in the dog stroller helped to keep him calm (and other dogs safe.)
- Pocket dogs: Some small dogs cannot be walked very far, so customers find they can get all the way to the dog park and back if they use a pet stroller.
- More quality time: One customer shared that the stroller simply gave her more quality time with her pet. Using the stroller, she could take her dog more places than she could've otherwise, so she and her pet were enjoying more time together.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Why use a Pet Stroller?
We've been maintaining a running list of uses for a pet stroller, and we update it as more customers share their experiences. So, here is the latest and greatest version of all the purposes for a pet stroller. (If you have your own, please let us know!)