The first week seems like a good time to address the question many people ask: "Why a pet stroller?" I hope some pet stroller users will post their own ideas and experiences because the uses and needs for a pet stroller are as limitless as the number of pets and pet companions. Here is a brief list of pet stroller uses and situations we've been told by our customers:
- Boaters: I already mentioned one message we received from a boater who loved using the stroller to get her dog onto the boat safely.
- Traveling: The right pet stroller can make it much easier to travel with a pet.
- Alternative to pet carriers: Some pets can be walked into their vet's office, but some pets need to carried. Rather than using a heavy carrier, some customers find it much easier to use a pet stroller (which really is just a rolling pet carrier).
- Cats: Cats can be tough to walk on leashes--if you don't get them into harnesses at a young age, some cats will never adjust to a harness. A cat stroller is a great way for cats (or rabbits, ferrets, or other animals) to get some fresh air.
- Injuries: Animals with certain types of injuries cannot be walked for long distances but still want to get outdoors.
- Safety: We have had city customers use a stroller to get their dogs to parks--the stroller keeps them safe on congested urban streets. Another customer had a dog that could get aggressive, so walking him in the dog stroller helped to keep him calm (and other dogs safe.)
- Teacup dogs: Some small dogs cannot be walked very far, so customers find they can get all the way to the park and back if they use a pet stroller.
Those are some of the most common purposes we've heard from our pet stroller customers. If you have any additional ideas or experiences, please post them here or contact us via our site to share your own experiences.